The Manchester Titans are inviting applications for the vacant position of Junior Head Coach. Please find below information about the Titans, the Junior set-up and our expectation of a head coach.
The Titans will be entering their 12th season in 2015, with the Junior team entering its 5th season of competition. In 2014 the team held a 4-2 record in a competitive Northern Division and we will be looking to build on this in 2015.
The Titans are a growing organisation, with Adult, Junior and Youth kitted teams, and a Senior flag team already competing and a newly formed Ladies team starting competition this Autumn. The committee have been able to attract three large monetary sponsors which has driven investment of over £7,000 in equipment in 2014 and in June the Senior team played at AJ Bell Stadium in front of 1,400 people, greatly improving the profile of the club in the Greater Manchester area. The committee will be working to match, and improve on these efforts in 2015.
The Titans junior team which is fed by the Youth team, has made contact with all 107 schools in the Manchester, Trafford and Salford area in the last year to launch the Manchester Schools flag football league and will be recruiting heavily for both the Junior and Youth teams on the back of this for the 2015 season.
The Titans Junior team is managed by Verity Brawn, who will be responsible for all the administration involved with the running of the team. The committee also provides an equipment manager, gameday management, welfare office and a film team to allow the Head Coach to focus solely on the coaching of the team.
The Titans have an annual coaching budget which has provision for the payment of coaches BAFA fees. The Titans are looking to provide access to Hudl and are able to meet requests for new coaching equipment.
The Titans train every Sunday from 10:00 – 12:30 and Wednesday from 20:00 – 22:00 at AJ Bell Stadium on a 3G pitch.
The Titans expect the following from any prospective head coach:
- Plan each practice and share that plan with all coaches and the Team Manager at least 24 hours in advance of each session.
- Maintain safety standards and ensure at all times the Junior members of the club are protected while enjoying American Football.
- Hold a minimum of a Level 1 BAFCA Coaching Badge and be working towards Level 2.
- Attend a minimum of 90% of all training sessions and 100% of all games.
- Work with the Team Manager to organise Friendly games.
- Work with the club committee and Team Manager and provide regular input into the club.
- Recruit and appoint position coaches in conjunction with the Team Manager.
- Support the club with coaching elements of club events and recruitment.
- Adhere to Code of Conduct as set out by the clubs constitution.
Rookie Camps are booked in for November, December and the first Sunday in January. Pre-Season starts on the second Sunday in January with training then every Sunday and Wednesday through to the end of August.
The successful candidate will need to undergo a CRB/DBS check.
Please include a copy of your coaching CV, and a brief outline of why you would like to become
part of the Titans to Recruitment@manchestertitans.co.uk before Sunday August 24th. Please note- your information will be passed to the members of the Titans Committee but no further.