National Speedway Stadium

Lincolnshire Bombers atManchester Titans

Final Result

MATCH REPORT: U19s 49-0 Lincolnshire Bombers

The Titans U19 team delivered another dazzling display on both sides of the football to beat the Lincolnshire Bombers 49-0 in their first game at our new home, the National Speedway Stadium.  Dominating from the first drive they took control and never looked back scoring points on both sides of the football to move to a 3-1 record on the season.

The opening kick off team put the Bombers on their 16 yard line and it only took five plays before a score was put up, but for the Titans.  Graduating U17 linebacker Greg Morgan stripped the ball from the running back and taking it 25 yards to the house with Quarterback Ben Miles adding the extra two points.

Greg Morgan with a strip sack for 6 points
Greg Morgan with a strip sack for 6 points

The Titans defense had a tougher time knocking Lincolnshire’s offence off on their second drive as they moved down the field to the Titan’s 2 yard line, but with excellent work from Robert Duck and Josh Knott the Titans D refused to concede. The offence finally on the field were able to make their mark on the game with strong running from Rebs Quinn Jr as he managed to run 78 yards all the way home only for a flag to take the score away. This didn’t stop the ‘big blue wrecking crew’ as fellow back Dante Harris continued his form moving the ball and Ben Miles was able to run in the Titan’s second touchdown of the day with the extra point unsuccessful.

Rebs Quinn Jr
Rebs Quinn Jr

With the score at 14-0 the titans defence once again stopped the Bomber’s charge down field with tackles from Captain Uday Suruzzman, who made 13 tackles on the day, and Suliman Derregia forcing Lincolnshire to punt the ball to the Titan’s offence.  The second drive last just one play with Tyler “the face” Browne receiving a swing pass and running the length of the field to paydirt. Wide receiver Anele Hlongwane using his speed to add the extra two points making the score 22-0.

After another stop from the Titan’s defence, their offence took charge again with a another touchdown from Browne and a field goal from Sam Harrop extended the lead to 29-0 going into half time.


The second half kicked off it didn’t take long for last year’s divisional champions to get moving again when a sensational high catch from Jordan Tsang earning him “catch of the day” and a first down. Miles’ finished the drive for his second touchdown breaking tackles and walking into the endzone.

Once again the Titans defence wouldn’t allow Lincolnshire to move the ball with powerful tackling from Morgan and Derregia, however after an inteception to the Bomber’s cornerback gave them good field position, the fired up defence led by Cornerbacks Lewis Parker and Jordan Howard who were batting down pass attempts all over the field made sure they couldn’t turn the good position into points.

Scoring every time they were on the field, the Titan’s offence drove hard with a stand out play as lineman Owen Smith scooped up a loose ball and forced his way to a first down. This lead to Tyler Browne’s third touchdown of the game after running through the middle for another long run to boost the score to 42-0.


Maintaining their shutout, the Titan’s defence set their wall up strong with only one play as Lincolnshire fumbled the ball for Derregia to sweep up and put the offence back on the field. This lead to rookie running back Dante Harris to score the final touchdown of the day and Harrop to kick the field goal ending the game 49-0 as an injury on the pitch rolled down the clock.

Hit of the week remained with receiver Martin Lewis following the one last game vs Leeds Assassins and a career day for Tyler Browne as he racked up 172 all purpose yards. This puts the U19 squad to 3-1 and remain a strong hold in third place with a long break before their back to back games against the Chester Romans.